1. The Ayurvedic pharmacopoeia of India, Part I. Vol. II, 1st ed. New Delhi, Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Department of Indian System of Medicine and Homeopathy, 1999.
5. Farnsworth NR, NAPRALERT database. Chicago, University of Illinois at Chicago, IL (an online database available directly through the University of Illinois at Chicago or through the Scientific and Technical Network [STN] of Chemical Abstracts Services), 30 June 2005.
6. Nadkarni AK. Dr. K.M. Nadkarni’s Indian materia medica. Bombay, Popular Prakashan, 1976.
7. Medicinal plants in the South Pacific. Manila, World Health Organization, Regional Office for the Western Pacific, 1998 (WHO Regional Publications, Western Pacific Series, No. 19).
24. Ahmad N et al. Effect of Momordica charantia (Karolla) extracts on fasting and postprandial serum glucose levels in NIDDM patients. Bangladesh Medical Research Council Bulletin, 1999, 25:11–13.
25. Akhtar MS. Trial of Momordica charantia Linn (Karela) powder in patients with maturity-onset diabetes.
Journal of the Pakistan Medical Association, 1982, 32:106–107.
26. Baldwa VS et al. Clinical trial in patients with diabetes mellitus of an insulin like compound obtained from a plant source. Uppsala Journal of Medical Science,, 1977, 82:39.
27. Bielenberg J. Bittermelone-Blutzuckersenkung durch ergänzende Bilanziert diät mit Momordica charantia [Bitter melon-reduction of blood sugar levels by supplementary balanced diet with Momordica charantia ]. Arztezeitschrift
für Naturheilverfahren , 2004, 45:96–101.
28.Grover JK, Gupta SR. Hypogylcemic effect of seeds of Momordica charantia. European Journal of Pharmacology, 1990, 183:1026–1027.
29. Leatherdale BA et al. Improvement in glucose tolerance due to Momordica charantia (karela). British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition), 1981, 282:1823–1824.
30. Srivastava Y. Antidiabetic and adaptogenic properties of Momordica charantia extract: an experimental and clinical evaluation. Phytotherapy Research,1993, 7:285–289.
31. Upadhyaya GL, Ajai K, Pant MC. Effect of karela as hypoglycemic and hypo-cholesterolemic agent.
Journal of the Diabetic Association of India, 1985, 25:12–15