Traditionally, Herba Leonuri has been used for certain types of heart conditions, simple tachycardia, effort syndrome, and specifically for cardiac symptoms associated with neurosis (28). Herba Leonuri has also been used for urine stimulation, and for removing calculus from kidneys. Used as a remedy for female reproductive disorders; the plant stimulates the muscles of the uterus and is used to treat delayed menstruation, menstrual pain and premenstrual tension (46).
6. Fleming T, ed. Physician’s desk reference (PDR) for herbal medicines. Montvale, Medical Economics Company, 2000.
28. British herbal pharmacopoeia. Vol. 1. Bournemouth, British Herbal Medicine Association, 1990.
32. Bradley PR, ed. British herbal compendium. Vol. 1. Bournemouth, British Herbal Medicine Association, 1992
41. Turova AD. Lekarstvennye rastenija SSSR i ikh primenenie. Moscow, Meditsina, 1974.
42. Zou OZ et al. Effects of motherwort on blood hyperviscosity. American Journal of Clinical Medicine, 1989, 17:65–70
43. Wren RC. Potter's new cyclopaedia of botanical drugs and preparations. Essex, CW Daniel, 1988.
44. Hammerman AF, Kadaev GN, Jacenko-Khmelevski AA. Lekarstvennie rastenija. Moscow, Visshaja shkola, 1983.
45. Newall CA et al., eds. Herbal medicines. A guide for health-care professionals. London, Pharmaceutical Press, 1996.
46. Chevallier A. The encyclopedia of medicinal plants. London, Dorling Kindersley, 1996