Treatment of colic, otitis media, vaginitis, pelvic inflammatory disease, chickenpox, eczema and burns (6, 7).
1. Standard of ASEAN herbal medicine. Vol. 1. Jakarta, ASEAN Countries, 1993.
2. Pharmacopoeia of the People’s Republic of China. Vol. 1 (English ed.). Beijing, Chemical Industry Press, 1997.
6. Chang HM, But PPH, eds. Pharmacology and applications of Chinese materia medica. Vol. 1. Singapore, World Scientific, 1986:918-928.
7. Farnsworth NF, ed. NAPRALERT database. Chicago, University of Illinois at Chicago, IL, January 28, 1998 production (an online database available directly through the University of Illinois at Chicago or through the Scientific and Technical Network [STN] of Chemical Abstracts Services).
9. Hsu HY. Oriental materia medica, a concise guide. Long Beach, CA, Oriental Healing Arts Institute, 1986.
10. Medicinal plants in Viet Nam. Manila, World Health Organization, 1990 (WHO Regional Publications, Western Pacific Series, No. 3).
16. Blaschek W et al., eds. Hagers Handbuch der pharmazeutischen Praxis. Folgeband 2: Drogen A-K, 5th ed. Berlin, Springer-Verlag, 1998.
17. Hancke J et al. A double-blind study with a new monodrug kan jang: decrease of symptoms and improvement in the recovery from common colds. Phytotherapy Research, 1995, 9:559-562.
18. Melchior J et al. Controlled clinical study of standardized Andrographis paniculata extract in common cold - a pilot trial. Phytomedicine, 1997, 3:315-318.
19. Cáceres DD et al. Prevention of common colds with Andrographis paniculata dried extract. A pilot double-blind study. Phytomedicine, 1997, 4:101-104.
20. Thamlikitkui V et al. Efficacy of Andrographis paniculata Nees for pharyngotonsillitis in adults. Journal of the Medical Association of Thailand, 1991, 74:437-442.
21. Muangman V et al. The usage of Andrographis paniculata following extracorporeal shock wave lithotripsy (ESWL). Journal of the Medical Association of Thailand, 1995, 78:310-313.
22. Chaichantipyuth C, Thanagkul B. Andrographis paniculata Nees as antidiarrhoeal and antidysentery drug in Thailand. Asian Journal of Pharmacy, 1986, 6 (Suppl.):59-60.
23. Thanagkul B, Chaichantipayut C. Double-blind study of Andrographis paniculata Nees and tetracycline in acute diarrhoea and bacillary dysentery. Ramathibodi Medical Journal, 1985, 8:57-61.
24. Chaturvedi GN. Clinical studies on kalmegh (Andrographis paniculata) in infectious hepatitis. Journal of the International Institute of Ayurveda, 1983, 2:208-211.
25. Burkill IH. Dictionary of the economic plants of the Malay peninsula. Vol. 1. Kuala Lumpur, Ministry of Agriculture and Cooperatives, 1966.
26. Singh VK, Ali ZA. Folk medicines in primary health care: common plants used for the treatment of fevers in India. Fitoterapia, 1994, 65:68-74.
27. Siddiqui MB, Husain W. Traditional antidotes of snake poison. Fitoterapia, 1990, 61:41-44.