Treatment of anaemia, arthritis, asthma, common cold, constipation, diarrhoea, dysmenorrhoea, dyspepsia, oedema, fever, indigestion, insect bites, rheumatism, sciatica, tinnitus, toothache and vertigo (4, 26-30).
4. Farnsworth NR, ed. NAPRALERT database. Chicago, University of Illinois at Chicago, IL, February 9, 1998 production (an online database available directly through the University of Illinois at Chicago or through the Scientific and Technical Network [STN] of Chemical Abstracts Services).
20. Hylands DM et al. Efficacy of feverfew as prophylactic treatment of migraine (reply). British Medical Journal, 1985, 291:1128.
21. Johnson ES et al. Efficacy of feverfew as prophylactic treatment of migraine. British Medical Journal, 1985, 291:569-573.
22. Murphy JJ, Heptinstall S, Mitchell JRA. Randomized double-blind placebocontrolled trial of feverfew in migraine prevention. Lancet, 1988, 8604:189-192.
23. Palevitch D, Earon G, Carasso R. Feverfew (Tanacetum parthenium) as a prophylactic treatment for migraine: a double-blind placebo-controlled study. Phytotherapy Research, 1997, 11:508-511.
24. Vogler BK et al. Feverfew as a preventative treatment for migraine: a systematic review. Cephalagia, 1998, 18:704-708.
25. Pattrick M et al. Feverfew in rheumatoid arthritis: a double-blind, placebo-controlled study. Annals of Rheumatic Diseases, 1989, 48:547-549.
26. Berry MI. Feverfew faces the future. Pharmacy Journal, 1984, 232:611-614.
27. Heptinstall S, Awang DVC. Feverfew: a review of its history, its biology and medicinal properties, and the status of commercial preparations of the herb. In: Lawson L, Bauer R, eds. Phytomedicines of Europe, chemistry and biological activity. Washington, DC, American Chemical Society, 1998:158-175 (ACS Symposium Series).
28. Newall CA, Anderson LA, Phillipson JD. Herbal medicines, a guide for healthcare professionals. London, Pharmaceutical Press, 1996.
29. Tyler VE. The honest herbal, 3rd ed. New York, NY, Pharmaceutical Press, 1993.
30. Pugh WJ et al. Prostaglandin synthetase inhibitors in feverfew. Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmacology, 1988, 40:743-745.